Monday, May 8, 2017

Intresting day

After spending most of yesterday in a restaurant and then 14 hours in a tent, waiting for the rain to stop, today was much better.
The sun was out all day, and I continued my uphill ride. When I got to 4600 feet,  snow was visible on the ground. It snowed in the higher mountains.
Got to a campground, in Warner Springs, which is set up for hikers. An experienced hiker told me that it is possible that I might not be able to cross some areas due to snow. If this happens, I will revert to the Coastal Road option (which has some issues too since last winter). I will not try to overcome nature. This is but a touring cycle tha can be changed as I go along.
לאחר שאתמול ביליתי את רוב היום במסעדה ואחר כך 14 שעות באוהל בכדי להימלט מסופת הגשם, היום היה ממש טוב. שמש נעימה כך שיכולתי להמשיך את הטיפוס במעלה ההרים. כשהגעתי לגובה של כ 1400 מטר ראיתי שלג על הקרקע. על ראשי הרים אני לא מדבר..
בסוף היום, ישבתי עם טייל מנוסה, בוב שמו, שהסתכל על המסלול שלי ואמרנשיתכן ויהיה חסום עקב שלגים. אם זה יקרה, אעבור, על פי התכנון המקורי, לכביש החוף של קליפורניה.

No comments:

Post a Comment