Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Mike

I ran into Mike three times. The first time was yesterday as I was heading north on the Pacific Coast Highway (nr 1). The bike trail took a strange turn and I asked him if he knew if that's the correct direction.
The second time was as I was leaving Ventura (Main street is a must!). He asked me where I was cycling to. I had not enough time to answer as he was turning left onto highway 33. A few hundred yards later, I had to backtrack.....
So, as I am making my way on hwy 33, at Mira Monte, he is heading back towards Ventura.
This time we spoke.
Turns out that he has been living on a bicycle for the past four years covering some 25,000 miles! His previous bicycle was stolen, so now he cycles on an electic aided bicycle with his dog and it looked like a household.
He gave me great tips on my planned route. I hope I get to use them.
I wished him well, as he did me, and we went our seperate ways. Will we meet again?

No comments:

Post a Comment