Saturday, August 5, 2017

Delta, Iowa.

This post was supposed to be about Iowa. That will have to wait for my next entry since I had an exciting evening I'd like to share with you

I never know for sure at the beginning of the day where I will end up at the end of it. Typically, I look at the map, try and find a town or campground at the distance that I think I will ride that day and often make adjustments along the way. I try and find a place that has a diner or a bar / grill-house or at least a store so I can get food.

On google maps, Delta has the Neighbors' gas & grill. So, I gave it a chance.

I got there just before 6:00 p.m. From where I cycled in, all I could see was the sign and the pumps, but when I turned the corner, the front of the grill / diner was fenced off and preparations for the summer music Jam where in progress. I lucked out! Not only will I get food, but I will have music to sooth my soul.

After I had my food, which was both good and filling, Amie, who happens to be one of the owners and organizers of the special evening, joins me at my table. She is also a reporter for a local newspaper. Once the interview about my tour is published, I will link it into my blog too.

Once the interview was over, we stepped outside waiting for the music.

Meantime, Rebeka comes over. "Are you from Israel?... And do you accept Jesus as your savior?" Later on in our discussion I told her that if I would have said: "Yes, doesn't everyone?" then we wouldn't have had the interesting discussion that ensued.
We, naturally, did not try to convince nor expected to come to an agreement on the topic. Was interesting.

The music had begun. The audience and the band were of all ages. I heard a few grownups talk to their parents on one hand and then have another conversation with their children. Everyone knew everyone, I guess, except me. That is until Amie introduced me to everyone using the band's microphone... Americans appreciate those who have served, veterans, so although not in their service, I was honored by them, regardless, for the fact that I served my country.

I cannot relay the warm feelings I have to this kind and hospitable community, so pictures of them, and some of their music will have to do.

Thank you Delta!!



Video may take a few minutes to load...



No comments:

Post a Comment