Thursday, August 24, 2017

Canada (and funny signs)

Crossed over to Canada on a ferry! Another first on this trip.


I don't know why, but I just love silly signs.


I realize that Canada too is an agricultural country. Well, at least Ontario is. I just enjoy seeing the fields of corn and the barns.


The history unfolds. The Quakers who settled the land where apparently pro Empire. The British Empire. Canada is still a part of the Commonwealth and their money still has the Queen on it. Names of towns are from the old country and names of streets have Lord this and Sir that.



I like the fact that on many streets old or abandoned bicycles are transformed into objects of beauty for ornamentation.




I see funny sides in what the locals see as normal. The following sign tells drivers that, when snowing, roads can get icy and one needs to take care. This reminds me of the signs in the U.S. The locals just shoot the signs and they get to look just like this one.




And what is this? Doesn't anyone check the font size?


OK, back to cycling. These fellas just don't care. I cycled right by them. I guess they are used to people.


And finally I reached Lake Ontario and Toronto.









No comments:

Post a Comment