Sunday, July 2, 2017

A summery of a few days

WiFi service in the remote mountain areas is rare and when it does exist, it is slow and of poor quality. So, a few days have passed and now that I am in Missoula, I have a chance to post some stories.



Crossing over from Washington, where I was following the Lewis and Clark trail, to Idaho into the Indian (yep, no p.c. here) reservation was a sudden change in atmosphere. Everything was about the Nez Perce tribe. Coyote was turning, again, others into stone, every sign posted had some reference to the tribe and yet I did not see any tribe member. It was weird to me.

I did like that Idaho has many campgrounds and historical (Nez Perce) sites. They have toilets at most locations. The views were beautiful.




And I just wish that this would be true


Finally, made it into Lowell where everyone counts...


The next morning, as I was about to leave, three young men, Jose, Josh and Scott, 26 years old, cycle in. They are doing a Portland to Portland (west coast to east coast) to raise money for pancreatic cancer research. They tell me that about 45 miles (70 km) up road there are hot springs. They stay for breakfast at the restaurant while I cycle on. They caught up to me just about a mile away from the hot springs. There is a SINGLE PATH!!!! leading to the springs. It was steep so I rode only part of it towards the springs, but bombed downhill on my way back. The hot springs were great. Hot. My muscles enjoyed the hot water while Jose played his guitar and sang his lungs out. They were planning to stay with the young group of women that were already at the springs. I took off. We met again at the campground just ahead of Lolo pass. They did not stay at the springs after all.


The next day, I started uphill over Lolo pass and then glided down to Lolo. I decided to change my route and go to West Yellowstone via Missoula and Helena. More towns for food along the way. That's today and the next four or five days.






No comments:

Post a Comment