Sunday, July 16, 2017

Locals and Aliens

I arrived at Trudy's Big Horn motel in Buffalo. We had a nice talk the next morning.
The evening of my arrival, Bob and Jim stopped me and we talked about education. It covered guns and bikes and games we played when we where young.
When we got to the part about my trip  they asked of I am going to Devil's Tower. Oops....I checked my route and realized I am passing right by it.

The next day, while talking to Trudy about her children, my daughters, medical insurance, college cost and so forth, this ex military man joins. The conversation is politics now. He personally knows Benny Gantz (our current chief of staff ?).

Friendly hug with Trudy and on my way I go. Heading to Spotted Horse. An historic saloon, est. 1824. Two people live there and run this run down place. I got there at 9:30 p.m. so it was closed. I set up my tent and called it a day. The next day I got up walked into the saloon just to find out that it was left open since the night before...They just don't lock up. When the owner finally got there I realized that mo food will be served before noon, so I grabbed a drink and headed on.

The heat slowed me down. I had to stop somewhere but there was nothing for miles. Got to a private ranch and asked for permission to rest in the shade of their trees. "Sure", the couple agree, "and there is a hydrant you can use to fill water". I thanked them and as I started to rest under the trees I saw them drive off. People in Wyoming are trustful.

Made it to Devil's Tower, yep, the one Richard Dreyfuss makes a model of using the mashed potatoes....

This time the aliens are us, an Israeli family from kibbutz Be'eri, Noga, Izzi and their three children and me. Izzi knew about my trip via Erez Manor (La'Medavesh cycling center of the kibbutz).

4 comments:

  1. איזה חוויות אבוש!!נשמע ממש מדהים
    האנשים שאתה פוגש וצירופי המקרים!
    ממש מסע מדהים

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. כל המסע הזה הינו למעשה האנשים

      Delete
  2. מעניין, גם אני פגשתי את איילה מקיבוץ בארי בוויומיג בכניסה לילוסטון, קיבוץ בארי פעיל בארה"ב 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. צריך לבדוק את זה...

    ReplyDelete