Sunday, July 30, 2017

The Missouri (also part 2)

I saw the Missouri river for the first time in Montana. It starts at Three Forks, a small town, runs north, then north east and then heads south through the Dakotas and forms the line between Iowa and Nebraska. It used to be surrounded by wetlands, but they were dried by the settlers in this region and transformed into towns and farm land.


I was cycling along the Missouri trail and ran into Rich, a local cyclist, who told me a little about the history of the river. He explained that the river has changed its course an so it seems as if Iowa invaded Nebraska, but in fact, the town Crater Lake which is east of the lake but west of the river, was once on the west side of the river when Crater lake was part of the river. Weird.

So I was in Iowa for a short while and got back to Nebraska into Omaha.




Next door to my b&b (actually, only B) this guy's father had this 1928 model T that he started to restore but died before completion. So the neighbor is going to try too. He just got it back from storage and I helped him, with two others, push it onto his backyard.


No comments:

Post a Comment