Friday, June 23, 2017

Cycling East

A very interesting day. I started with maintenance; This time it's me and not the bicycle. A professional massage, 90 minutes. She took me apart and reassembled me. I can walk….

Walked to the nearby restaurant and had chicken, mashed potatoes, Greek salad (with olive oil) lettuce leaves and a type of peas which I forgot their name. It was tasty.

I started the journey eastward. There is an "historic" way, number 30, very beautiful. I arrived in a small town called Mosier pretty quickly but there was an ice cream shop. I bought a milkshake and noticed that I had ripped my cycling pants. Next to the little ice-cream parlor, there was a combination garage with a T-shirt shop. I looked inside. A nice Porsche, a 1997 Porsche bicycle and T-shirts.

Steve, the owner of the store, of Greek heritage, asked about the bamboo bike, where I was from, what route am I doing (the standard questions). Suddenly, he asks me to wait, goes to his storeroom and comes back with a pair of cycling pants he bought years ago and used only once. "I don’t use them." He said. people want to help.

Later, the forest receded and the landscape changed. Interesting day.

By the way, you see the sign that says "East"?









No comments:

Post a Comment