Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Pomeroy

Getting to Pomeroy, a small town in Washington, I took the scenic way via Turner and Mare














ngo. These two "blink and you'll miss 'em" are on a road that shortcuts highway 12. Part of the road was gravel, including the steep downhill to Marengo. I knew that leaving the Marengo valley will be uphill. It was steeper than the other side. My bicycle and I enjoyed this section.

Finally, I arrived at Pomeroy, headed to the park and set up my tent without the cover, you know, to see the stars... The sprinklers came on, automatically I hope, at about 2:00 a.m. I jumped out of my sleeping bag, found the fly (cover) ran between the sprinklers, to divert them away, and the tent to complete covering it.

In the background, Robert, the other cyclist, was cussing out loud... he was not in a tent but rather under the open sided shed. He found a spot where the sprinklers did reach.

Turns out that Robert cycles all the time and on occasion for a good cause to raise money. His latest was for an 11 year old cancer patient girl. He raised $11,000!


2 comments:

  1. So you got a bit wet from the sprinklers. Whoever Robert is, good for him. I presume he is younger than you

    ReplyDelete
  2. indeed you have every right to your sense of achievement. you sure made that dream come true. kolkolkol hakavod

    ReplyDelete