Monday, June 12, 2017

Three stories

After a nice nice night at Manton, I headed to Old Station.

On the way, I see these signs: “free paintings” and “art galery”. I decided to check it out. Luke, a former school teacher, in addition to painting, primarily landscapes from many places around the world, also hosts individuals or groups and major art events. He believes in the energy we all share and that painting is a form of expression that brings us together.

I cycled on, gaining elevation. I started at 600 meters (2000 ft) and ended up at 1800m (6000 ft). It was cold 4c (39f). The motel had a laundromat too and food, so I checked in.

Next morning, I cycled a few miles to JJ’s diner. Had good food. The couple at the next table over turned out to be a mother and son hiking the pacific crest trail (PCT).
We got talking about their experiences in the snow covered, and very cold, trail. They skipped the Sequoya part of the trail (snow) and were taking a couple of days off (too cold).

Started making my way down the mountain. It was very cold and rainy. I had to slow down, to avoid the wind’s freezing effect, made it to lower grounds, 1000m / 3300ft, back to 1400 / ...4600. Just before the peak a guy stops his car and asked if I need anything. Jokingly I said: “If you have a hot coffee…”. So we laugh and on he goes. I am on the down-hill again, freezing, and there he is again with a cup of COFFEE!!! Turns out the there is a lodge just a few miles down the road and the woman who runs it made a fresh pot for us.

Nathan, as I discovered now that we are buddies, believes that God has sent him a message, some time ago, and that he has a role, perhaps as the prophet which name he carries. We had a long talk about our very different views, and finally, as it was getting colder, we parted.

I found a nice camp location in the woods, yet close to the highway. Set up my tent got inside, and the rain resumed. The sound of rain drops on my tent are the last thing I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment